Why: Sometimes a website will confuse itself with data that it stored from before. This is especially true if you change your username or settings. This happens frequently with "My-Math-Lab" and other Pearson Sites:
How: Websites store data for you in "cookies" so that when you return you don't have to re-select some options. So, to clear that up we need to delete the "cookies".
- In your browser, select the "meatball menu" at the top right. (3 dots). (Thes are written for MS Edge, but are very similar to Chrome)
- Then select "Settings"
- Next Choose "Cookies and Site Permissions" and "Manage and delete cookies and site data"
- Then select "See all Cookies and Site Data"
- You can choose"Remove all". This optiont will reset all of your sites. You may find yourself having to make selections that you don't usually have to make. So this is a little inconvenient.
- OR, you can find the site that you need to fix by scrolling or "search cookies" Searc for the site you are trying to fix and click the trash can by all of that sites cookies"
- After you do that. Close "ALL" windows of your browser and restart. Try your site again.