Start the video at a certain time.
Often as teachers we want to start the video at a certain time. This shows you how to get a link that will start at a certain time stamp in the video when shared.
- Open the video you want to share in a "modern browser" like MS Edge or Chrome.
- Play the video until you get to where you want it to start. (or drag the bar at the bottom)
- Right click on the video
- Select "Copy video URL at a certain time"
- Paste this link in Teams, email, etc.
Some "advanced" version. If you look at the link above you will see it ends in "?t=3". That's actually the code that tells the video to start at the 3s mark. Change that 3 to a 10 before sharing the link and the video will start at 10s instead)
- When students click on this link, it will start the video at that time.
Other Youtube Link Tricks:
The real trick to youtube "tricks" is the share as imbed and edit link trick.