Powerpoint files with pictures can get too large to email. This is especially true if you take pictures with a modern phone (with 8Mpixel camera for example). This will show you a couple of ways to make the file smaller so that it can be emailed.
- Open your power point and click on any picture. (When you do the picture will get dots on the corners and sides and a rotate symbol at the top)
- A new menu item will appear on the tool bar at the top labeled 'Picture Tools - Format'. Click on 'format'
- In the 'Adjust' area click on "Compress Pictures"
- A new dialog box will pop up.
- Un-select 'appy only to this picture'
- Select 'Delete cropped areas of pictures'
- Select 'Email (96 ppi)'
- Click 'OK'
- Now save the power point and send it. (See NOTES below before you save)
- This reduces the quality of your pictures. You probably won't notice the difference.
- If you have cropped any pictures the part you cropped away will be deleted.
- If there is a chance that you might want the cropped areas back, or want a version with full resolution pictures, then you should save the new file name. "MyProject_email version.pptx" for example.